Thursday, February 7, 2013

Finished 2nd Protocol

Tonight I gave myself the 3rd and final injection of 2 vials. Tomorrow morning is my 2nd follicle study and 3rd E2 (estradiol) reading. I have a good feeling that this will be a good report! I can feel the swelling in my ovaries, mostly the right side but the left is starting as well. I am hoping that means that things have progressed much further than where we were the other day. I doubt that I will be ready for trigger, but we'll see tomorrow afternoon. Now, just hoping that the big storm we have coming in will hold off for a while so that I don't have to drive to the doctor in it! Since there is a very good chance that I will be needing another protocol starting tomorrow, I had the RE call in another perscription for me. Since I only had 10 vials to begin, 4 used in 1st protocol and 6 in these last 3 days, I am out after tonights injection. RE faxed the Rx off, but the mail order pharmacy couldn't guarantee it to me until Tuesday at the earliest. That just wasn't acceptable since I need the next dose on Friday! I contacted some local pharmacies but none would be able to get me the meds by Friday before I leave for Vermont. I then contacted Kinney Drugs in Burlington VT and explained the situation to the pharmacist. Without even seeing my Rx, she jumped on the computer, ordered my meds, then put my information into the computer so that when the meds came in, the order would be filled. I will be picking them up from there when we get in to town tomorrow afternoon! I am so very greatful to this pharmacist and Kinney for doing this for me. I wasn't a customer. I am not a local to their store. And they had no Rx to show that I was even getting that med but they went ahead and helped me anyway. I am very touched at her kindness and the great customer service I received! After going thru all this, I am even more greatful that I'll be able to continue with treatments tomorrow so that we have the chance to make our dreams of a baby a reality. With my husband leaving for training soon, and then deploying later this year, we don't have a moment to lose! Fingers crossed for great news tomorrow! Hoping to get photos of the ovaries and my happy follies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment