Friday, November 18, 2011

Yoga to Relieve Adhesions

Just found this information about certain yoga poses that are good for loosening adhesions in the abdomen. I started looking for this info after yoga on Tuesday. I have been feeling a stretching of my reproductive organs recently during yoga. After my TR, I felt tugging and pulling. Twinges of pain would stop me in my tracks, but they only lasted for a very short period of time. That was the adhesions forming and twisting my tubes. Now, the feeling is of relief. I don't feel those twinges of pain anymore. So...thought I would share what I have found...

Side Twists

Sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you. Tuck your right leg in so that your heel touches your butt with foot still flat on floor. Cross your left leg over your right. The outside of your left foot should be touching your right outer thigh. Gently and slowly turn your body to the left and put your right elbow on the outside of your left knee. Put your left hand on the floor for balance and look over your left shoulder. Breathe deeply throughout the move. Hold this position for up to 30 seconds, then slowly release and repeat to the other side. This exercise can help provide relief from the pain associated with abdominal scars and may loosen existing scar tissue.

Pelvic Tilt/Bridge Pose

Lie on your back with your feet flat on the floor and slowly lift your pelvis up toward the ceiling. Your hips should leave the floor while your shoulders stay flat against the floor. Hold at the top of the move for up to 15 seconds, then slowly release to the starting position. Do three to five repetitions. This stretch can help alleviate the pain caused by the adhesions and may help to loosen the scar tissue.

Cat/Cow Stretch

Start this move on your hands and knees, with your back straight and your pelvis tucked in. Slowly arch your back and tuck your chin to your chest. This makes the cat portion of the stretch. Hold this for 10 seconds, then slowly release and continue to relax your back until it makes a U shape, which creates the cow portion of the stretch. Your eyes should look forward and slightly up during this move. Hold it for 10 seconds and then release. Do three repetitions of the cat-cow stretch. This exercise works the muscles in the torso and helps to alleviate pain caused by adhesions. Scar tissue may be released with this stretch.

Hope this helps someone!!! On a side note...I have been doing yoga Tuesdays and Thursdays for an hour and a half every week since late September. As of Tuesday night, I have lost 12 pounds! I am not doing any other workouts currently...just yoga. I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Most time it’s good to share problem. WHO KNOWS?? My names are Aylen Melsin I suffered Adhesion that damaged my uterus and this is really what I think you should understand. I finally was able to conceive a child of my own after 7 years without any issue. This really was the worst thing ever. It was a miracle that indeed shocked me and my husband. Because I was left with no option but to use a Herbal Health Concoction that was prepared from Roots Herbs to help the Immune. I got to find out a solution through online search and I talked to the direct source about my problem. His name is Ahiga and he told me how some necessary few herbs will be useful to women’s health, to cure Fibroid, tubes blockage recovery, So I gave him a chance to do what knows best. He sent the Herbs to me and gave simple instruction on method of use. After few weeks of usage I began to feel dizzy, vomiting, tender breast, a friend of mine told me all these are sings of pregnancy. I went for check up behold I was confirmed pregnant. I'm glad God did this with the Roots Herbs of Ahiga. You can get in-touch with Ahiga via Email (ahigahealing@ yahoo. com) really just felt like dropping this, not for all but for those who want to start having children of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are different kind of Treatments for Abdominal Adhesions is available in market. We have very reliable prescription which is used for Abdominal Adhesions Herbal Treatment for a long time. It is herbal remedy and has no side effects in use.

    ReplyDelete