Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Todays Visit to the RE

Today I made the trip down to Syracuse to visit with the RE. I really love this guy! We discussed the surgery from two weeks ago and what the findings were. The right tube was to blocked to get the cath thru and he feels that the only way to make it functional again is by another reanastomosis (surgery that cuts out the bad part of the tube and reconnects it). He said that the left side was easy to clear up and the dye flowed thru it with no problems. His suggestions about what to do next is starting fertility meds. He said that the only way to ensure ovulation on the left side is by doing this. He suggested doing 3 months of Clomid with the option of doing a trigger shot. I mentioned to him that I did 6 months of Clomid before learning of the blockages and then 2 more cycles at the beginning of this year in hopes that they cleared out on their own. I asked about the possiblity of moving on to injecables if the Clomid cycles fail. He said that since I had no success with Clomid for 8 cycles that we could move on to the injectables now! We discussed using Menopur since I am familiar with the medication. I used it with my IVF cycle. He wants to do 75IU for 10 days with monitoring thru out the cycle. He will also do a trigger shot. We are waiting on the prior authorization for this thru my insurance now (Tricare). From my research, they will cover it all, 3600 IU per month. The doctors recommendation is only a total of 75IU but I've also researched and learned that this will probably not be enough so I'm going to ask about what will happen if there are not enough follicles...if we will up the dose, keep going for longer than 10 days, or if we can just do a little higher of a dose to begin with. Since that authorization will take a few weeks and since AF is due in 4 days, we will be missing the December cycle. My husband is leaving for work, out of state, for 3 weeks in January so the meds will be put off til probably February. In the mean time, I will be doing one cycle of Clomid for December to get us by til the injections start. So for now, still hoping that I wont have to worry about any of that. I am on cd 28, 10 DPO. I tested yesterday midday, BFN. I will test again on 12DPO and then again 14 DPO if nothing yet. We'll see what is left of this month. Not counting myself out til AF shows, but a nice plan is in place if its needed!

1 comment:

  1. With the help of a man called Dr.Ogbes I was able to get pregnant. i'm 56years of age, it was really difficult for me to pregnant though my husband loves me but it was really hurting me not having my own child but after many years I came across Dr.Ogbes whose email address is Landofanswer@hotmail.com or you reach him direct on his cell phone number +2347050270227 he told me he is going to send me a Herbs for me to drink, and will fall pregnant a week after drinking the Herbs i'm 7months pregnant now and also I will like to advice everyone looking for help to get pregnant to contact this very man via his email address at Landofanswer@hotmail.com or call him on his cell phone number +2347050270227.

    ReplyDelete