Thursday, September 22, 2011

My story...the nutshell version

Infertility: the state of being unable to produce offspring; in a woman it is an inability to conceive; in a man it is an inability to impregnate.

WOW. So much pain felt in one word. If you are facing infertility, you know what I mean. It breaks your heart. It can break your marriage. Heck, it can break you!

I suffer from infertility. Because of a quick decision I made when I was a 24 year old kid, I ruined my chances of conceiving. In 2001, I had my tubes tied after the birth of my third unplanned pregnancy. I was a single mother, with 3 babies and didn't know what to do. Getting my tubes tied seemed like the only logical thing. So, that's what I did.

Years later, I met the most amazing man. He has no biological children but has loved my children and raised them as if they were. We decided in 2008 that we'd try IVF. It took us a long time to get to that point...test after test after test! In October 09 we started our IVF cycle. One day, I'll tell the story. After that failed we decided to try a tubal reversal. We had our surgery in January 2011. And have recently learned that both tubes are again blocked. Our chances of conceiving are now very minimal...if not extinct.

I started this blog as a way of keeping track of the things that I am trying in order to raise my chances of conceiving. With luck and prayers, I will one day have another baby. And hopefully, by sharing this, someone else might be helped by the information too.

No comments:

Post a Comment