Friday, September 23, 2011

My First Massage/Castor Oil Pack

Did my first self massage yesterday. It felt so good and was quite relaxing. Tightness and tenderness on the left side, not so much on the right. It was really interesting being able to feel everything in there. I could tell where my ovaries were. I could also feel my large intestine...very prominent. When I passed over it, I could even feel where the stool was in the intestine! Can't say I've ever experienced that before!

Prior to the massage, I did a Castor Oil pack. Castor Oil is actually a laxative when taken internally, but when used externally it can break up toxins in your abdomin and helps in releasing these toxins from your system. To do a pack...you soak a small cloth (sized to fit over your abdomin below your navel) with the oil. Then place it on your belly, cover with plastic (I use a trash can liner) then place a hot water bottle or heating pad on top. I don't have a heating pad or hot water bottle...so I heat a towel up in the dryer and then roll it up and use that. I throw a second towel the dryer so that I can switch them out mid way. Do this for 60to 90 minutes. I am starting with 60 minutes because...trust me, sitting there that long is kinda difficult! I followed the pack with the massage and used the excess oil to do the massage. Do this 3-5 times per week. I'm planning to do it every other day.

No instant result for me yet that I can think of. Going to do another 15 minute massage this morning and then again this evening. Hopefully I will see something tomorrow...but I think it is still to early!

No comments:

Post a Comment